TS Conductor is a fast-growing company focused on reducing the carbon footprint in the world with their innovative product. We are looking to hire an experienced Quality Manager to help us drive a culture of Continuous Improvement by installing a best-in-class Quality system. If you're hard-working and dedicated and believe in working for a better world, TS Conductor is an ideal place to get ahead.
The Quality Manager is responsible for ensuring optimum quality products that meet quality standards and customer expectations. In addition, maintain consistent quality to ensure compliance with laws, regulations, and environmental standards, recommending improvements where necessary.
- Develop and implement quality system with processes and procedures to ensure product quality throughout the manufacturing process.
- Oversee the inspection and testing of raw materials, in-process components, and finished products to identify defects and deviations from quality standards. Record findings and relay this information to the production team.
- Conduct and manage corrective actions, “CARs”. Identify the problem, investigate the root cause, propose corrective actions, assign responsibilities and deadlines, and monitor and follow-up to ensure the action(s) successfully addressed the identified issue and that the problem has been resolved and will not reoccur.
- Auditing management for ISO 9001:2015 manufacturing compliance.
- Update the Quality manual and procedures and SOP for the whole organization to maintain ISO certification.
- BOM development and support.
- KPI administrator.
- Collaborate with suppliers to ensure the quality of incoming materials. Establish and maintain relationships with reliable suppliers.
- Establish metrics to measure quality, CI and EH&S.
- Provide internal training to develop internal auditors and sustain a culture of CI.
- Implement methods to inspect, test and evaluate products and production equipment.
- Train production line staff in production practices related to the quality assessment of the product to build a culture of quality within the organization.
- Tracking product through the manufacturing process to guarantee that each part of the process is correct.
- Perform detailed and recorded inspections of final product to ensure the product meets the TS quality standard and customer expectation.
- Collaborate with the upper management team to set quality benchmarks and create standards in accordance with industry standards and customer expectations.
- Brainstorm ideas to increase productivity and performance of the production line while maintaining accuracy in quality.
- Make crucial decisions in favor of cost-efficiency without compromising on quality.
- Monitor and evaluate internal production processes to ensure the production of the integrity of the product.
- Reject products that fail quality standards
- Engage with customers and understand customer needs and requirements to develop effective quality control processes and gather product feedback.
- Produce statistical reports on quality standards.
- Evaluate product recalls.
- Ensure adherence to health and safety guidelines as well as legal obligations.
- Supervise inspectors, technicians and other staff and provide guidance and feedback.
- Stay up-to-date with developments in management and process optimization.
- Participate in meetings, provide updates on progress, and contribute to effective communication within the team.
- Stay updated with industry trends, advancements, and best practices to their expertise.
- Adhere to relevant industry standards, regulations, and safety protocols to ensure that work meets legal and regulatory requirements.
- Assist in obtaining necessary certifications or approvals.
- Continuously work in a safe manner and maintain a safe and clean work area.
- Follow company rules and guidelines.
- Comply with cross-training and other training requirements.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed, such as collaboration with cross-functional teams to address quality concerns and implement improvements and conducting risk assessments to identify potential quality risks and developing strategies to mitigate them.
To be successful as a Quality Manager, candidates should possess a combination of technical skills, problem-solving abilities, and interpersonal skills. They should possess strong attention to detail and a continuous-improvement mindset. The ideal candidate will have a background in engineering or a related field, experience in quality management, and familiarity with quality management systems such as ISO standards. Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills are essential. Key skills and abilities include:
Quality Management: Understanding and implementing quality management systems to ensure products meet standards and specifications.
Technical Knowledge: A strong understanding of the manufacturing processes, materials, and relevant technologies is crucial for identifying and addressing quality issues.
Statistical Analysis: Proficiency in statistical tools and methods for data analysis to identify trends, patterns, and areas for improvement.
Problem-solving: The ability to analyze complex problems and develop effective solutions to improve product quality and manufacturing processes.
Communication Skills: Clear communication is essential for interacting with team members, stakeholders, and conveying quality expectations.
Leadership: Leading and motivating a team, setting quality goals, and ensuring they are met.
Auditing and Compliance: Knowledge of industry standards, regulations, and quality assurance practices to ensure compliance with relevant requirements.
Attention to Detail: A meticulous eye for detail to identify and address even minor quality issues that could impact product performance.
Continuous Improvement: Commitment to ongoing improvement initiatives, such as Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing, to enhance overall quality and efficiency.
Team Collaboration: Working collaboratively with cross-functional teams to achieve common quality goals and objectives.
Customer Focus: Understanding customer expectations and incorporating them into quality processes to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Benefits offered the first of the month following 30 days of employment, include: medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability, paid time off (sick and vacation), 10 company holidays, 401(k), etc.
- Referral Rewards program
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to comprehend and follow directions.
- Knowledgeable in understanding of ISO 9001:2015 manufacturing compliance.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software programs.
- Possess strong analytic and statistic skills and have the ability to work independently.
- Ability to meet attendance expectations.
- Ability to work off hours to meet promised timelines and deliverables.
- Ability to maintain a professional, positive attitude.
- Must be able to successfully pass e-Verify background check.
- Six Sigma or Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) is a plus.
Training and Experience
- Five years of experience as a quality or engineering manager or senior quality/manufacturing engineer in a production processing environment
- Familiar with company and industry quality standards and processes
- Proficient in computer technology and ERP systems
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Able to positively influence others
- Great team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Degree in Engineering
- Quality control certification advantageous.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Data analysis and statistical aptitude.
- A sharp eye for identifying weak points in processes and organizational structures.