In 2021 Turntide acquired three North East businesses to establish our presence in the UK – those businesses were Borg Warner in Gateshead, Hyperdrive in Sunderland and Avid in Cramlington. The acquisitions allowed us to extend our Smart Motor System to the transportation sector and help turn the tide on climate change.
There is a massive change happening across Transportation. Companies are working furiously to develop new electrified platforms to meet the demands of their customers and do their part to reduce carbon emissions. Our Turntide for Electrification solutions help ease the customer journey and accelerate their transition. The faster they can transform, the better it is for our planet.
This full time role is based at our sites in Sunderland and Gateshead and reports in to the Financial Controller.
In this role the Accounts Payable will be responsible for the following:
- Processing purchase invoices received on Business System
- Purchase invoice approval / queries
- Follow up on output of reconciliation of supplier statements – resolve any outstanding issues with suppliers on a timely basis
- Processing of miscellaneous invoices and credit notes
- Review and processing cash and credit card expenses including cash withdrawals
- Preparation of supplier payment runs
- End to end management of Accounts Payable Ledger including monthly reviews and balance sheet reconciliation
- Works in conjunction with procurement to review open purchase orders
- Reviews of Accounts Payable master data to ensure all current and valid
- Cover other transactional areas during absence or where workload requires
- Maintain the Accounts Payable inbox daily, making sure all queries are monitored
- Provide support for Internal Audit/External Audit
- Provide support to wider business for Process improvements
- Other ad hoc tasks within the Finance Department
Experience and Skills
We’re looking for candidates with the following experience and skills:
- Previous experience of working in the accounts payable or accounting function
- Strong knowledge in MS Office, especially Excel
It would also be great (but not essential) if in addition to the above you also had:
- Experience working with NetSuite
A recognised qualification is required to demonstrate proficiency in key skills: English Literature, English Language, Maths and ICT
Relevant experience could also be considered
The ideal candidate will have the following personal qualities:
- Enthusiastic, flexible and able to thrive and succeed in times of ambiguity and change
- Structured individual with ability to interact and communicate at all levels of the organisation
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications and relationship building skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Good commercial awareness and proactive problem-solving skills to ensure business needs are understood and agreed solutions are delivered.
- This is a very hands-on position – we expect a person with a ‘roll up your sleeves’ attitude.
- Ability to work well under pressure, prioritise work accordingly and meet tight deadlines
- Pro-active taking ownership of tasks given and follow through to completion
- Must model highest degree of moral and ethical behaviour given the access to such confidential data
- Must be able to work alone with minimum guidance, but also be able to operate effectively as part of a team.
- Must have an agile approach to work
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid/flexible working options
- Enhanced Company pension scheme
- Life insurance annual salary
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption & SPL
- Employee assistance wellbeing scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- On-site gym and restaurant (Gateshead site only)
- Eyecare support
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays with the option to purchase an additional two day’s annual leave
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
Turntide Technologies is committed to applying equal opportunities at all stages of recruitment and selection, in line with its Equality, Diversity and Inclusion policy in addition to our duty under the Equality Act 2010 to have due regard to the need to eliminate discrimination; to advance equality of opportunity. As such, any applicant with a disability will not be excluded unless unable to perform a duty intrinsic to the role, having considered reasonable adjustments. Reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process will be made to ensure that no applicant is disadvantaged because of their disability.
Please contact the UK Recruitment team to discuss or request any reasonable adjustments or find out any further information regarding this position.
Please note: Direct applications only. No unsolicited Staffing Recruitment Firm submissions will be accepted. Any unsolicited CVs received will be treated as the property of Turntide Technologies.
Terms and Conditions
I understand that disclosure of my gender and ethnicity (“Voluntary Disclosures”) is completely voluntary and will not be used to administer by application for employment. This information will only be used for diversity, equity and inclusion purposes.
I also understand and acknowledge all personal information, except for the Voluntary Disclosures, provided herein or collected in the future by the hiring company (“Company”) may be collected, used, or disclosed to administer my application of employment and this information may be shared with Company’s affiliates and subsidiaries for employment consideration purposes, as well as with third parties who perform related recruitment services on Company’s behalf. These third parties are not authorized by Company to use or disclose application information, except as necessary to perform services on Company’s behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
I further understand that my personal information will be kept confidential, secure, and may be stored by Company and/or third parties in various locations worldwide, including the USA, Canada and the UK.
I consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of my personal information provided to Company for purposes noted herein, including the Voluntary Disclosures for diversity, equity and inclusion reporting purposes. Except for consent relating to Voluntary Disclosures, I understand that if consent is withheld or revoked, my application will be withdrawn.
I verify that all statements made in my application for employment are true and correct and understand that any false statement shall disqualify me from employment. For additional information regarding Company’s applicant privacy policies and the collection, use or disclosure of personal information in connection with submitting an application for employment, please refer to the Applicant Privacy Notice.