VES-Artex was formed in early 2021 after the merger of VES and Artex Barn Solutions. VES-Artex is the premier global technology solutions provider for environmental systems in agricultural facilities.
Based in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin, the home of the organization's new Global Headquarters and Innovation Center, VES-Artex also leverages operations throughout the US, Canada, Latin America and the rest of the world.
VES-Artex is focused on animal well-being as the foundation for agricultural success while strengthening its capabilities to impact agricultural operational performance through connected technologies. This research-driven approach brings veterinarians, designers, product experts and dairies together to innovate intelligent barn systems that optimize animal well-being and drive sustainability for farms worldwide.
The Operations Manager will plan, coordinate and oversee operations activities in the organization, ensuring development and implementation of efficient operations and cost-effective systems to meet current and future needs of the organization.
We’re looking for someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and can hit the ground running with their industry knowledge and expertise! We're passionate about the Dairy Industry and are looking for someone to join us on our mission to create the best animal-centered environment that we can.
At this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you’re reading. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in VES-Artex's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways - not just candidates who check all the boxes. We want people to feel comfortable expressing their true selves and to come, stay, and do their best work here.
- Establish, implement, and communicate the strategic direction of the organization’s Operations division.
- Collaborate with executive leadership to develop and meet company goals while supplying expertise and guidance on operations projects and systems.
- Identify, recommend, and implement new processes, technologies, and systems to improve and streamline organizational processes and use of resources and materials.
- Ensure that departmental decisions and project plans such as those for staffing, development, organization, material efficiency, hardware acquisitions and facilities are in line with the organization’s business plan and vision.
- Establish, communicate, and implement operations-related policies, practices, standards and security measures to ensure effective and consistent support and execution.
- Establish and administer the department’s budget.
- Maintain knowledge of emerging technologies and trends in operations management.
- Provide oversite and strategic direction of the Organization’s subsidiary in Asia
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Logistics, Supply Chain, Engineering or other industry-related field required
- Minimum of 7 years of industry-related experience including a minimum of 3 years in a leadership role
- Extensive knowledge of the principles, procedures, and best practices in the industry.
- Highly proficient using MS Office, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience working with NetSuite ERP system
- Experience working with global subsidiaries
- Competitive salary
- 75% company paid family health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Retirement contribution match 50%
- HSA & FSA
- Generous Paid-Time-Off policy
- Autonomy and flexibility to build green tech from the ground up
- Incredible growth potential - we are revolutionizing the dairy industry
VES-Artex is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Please note: Direct applications only. No unsolicited Staffing Recruitment Firm submissions will be accepted. Any unsolicited CVs received will be treated as the property of VES-Artex.
Terms and Conditions
I understand that disclosure of my gender and ethnicity (“Voluntary Disclosures”) is completely voluntary and will not be used to administer by application for employment. This information will only be used for diversity, equity and inclusion purposes.
I also understand and acknowledge all personal information, except for the Voluntary Disclosures, provided herein or collected in the future by the hiring company (“Company”) may be collected, used, or disclosed to administer my application of employment and this information may be shared with Company’s affiliates and subsidiaries for employment consideration purposes, as well as with third parties who perform related recruitment services on Company’s behalf. These third parties are not authorized by Company to use or disclose application information, except as necessary to perform services on Company’s behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
I further understand that my personal information will be kept confidential, secure, and may be stored by Company and/or third parties in various locations worldwide, including the USA, Canada and the UK.
I consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of my personal information provided to Company for purposes noted herein, including the Voluntary Disclosures for diversity, equity and inclusion reporting purposes. Except for consent relating to Voluntary Disclosures, I understand that if consent is withheld or revoked, my application will be withdrawn.
I verify that all statements made in my application for employment are true and correct and understand that any false statement shall disqualify me from employment. For additional information regarding Company’s applicant privacy policies and the collection, use or disclosure of personal information in connection with submitting an application for employment, please refer to the Applicant Privacy Notice.