In 2021 Turntide acquired three North East businesses to establish our presence in the UK – those businesses were Borg Warner in Gateshead, Hyperdrive in Sunderland and Avid in Cramlington. The acquisitions allowed us to extend our Smart Motor System to the transportation sector and help turn the tide on climate change.
There is a massive change happening across Transportation. Companies are working furiously to develop new electrified platforms to meet the demands of their customers and do their part to reduce carbon emissions. Our Turntide for Electrification solutions help ease the customer journey and accelerate their transition. The faster they can transform, the better it is for our planet.
A Quality Engineer’s primary responsibility will be to promote a culture of a right first time with zero defects within production to ensure the safe use of the product in the customer environment whilst adhering to the Processes and Procedures outlined in the Companies Quality Management System. This role will be based at Cramlington and report to the Quality Manager.
In this role the Quality Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Comply with all relevant HSE legislation and site QHSE policies and procedures
- Liaise directly with customers and suppliers in a professional manner both proactively and reactively ensuring the customer, supplier and the Company’s needs are identified, communicated and met
- Liaise directly with different departments to ensure quality issues are communicated and resolved effectively whilst adhering to Company policies and procedures
- Write and compile reports that are suitable for internal and external use
- Provide guidance and leadership on any product quality issues within the manufacturing process.
- Create and update documentation supporting production operations, i.e., work instructions, quality alerts and visual instructions
- Lead internal audits to [Delete as appropriate: ISO 9001, IATF 16949, ISO/TS 22163, ISO 45001 and ISO 14001] requirements
- Support external audits to [Delete as appropriate: ISO 9001, IATF 16949, ISO/TS 22163, ISO 45001 and ISO 14001] requirements
- Compile PPAP submissions to fulfil customer requirements
- Lead APQP related activities
Experience and Skills
We’re looking for candidates with the following experience and skills:
- Experienced in a Quality Engineering role, preferably within production or manufacturing environment
- Able to read and fully interpret technical drawings
- Able to use a range of various measurement techniques
- Experience of Quality Control including Customer and Supplier Liaison
- Experience in using a range of Quality tools and techniques
- Good understanding of [Delete as appropriate: ISO 9001, IATF 16949, ISO/TS 22163, ISO 45001 and ISO 14001].
- Experience in internal auditing to [Delete as appropriate: ISO 9001, IATF 16949, ISO/TS 22163, ISO 45001 and ISO 14001].
- Experience with 8D reports and customer non-conformance process
- Knowledge of root cause analysis techniques
- Experience of new product introduction following a development process such as APQP
- Experience of writing and creating documents for PPAP submission
It would also be great (but not essential) if in addition to the above you also had:
- Experience of ISO 9001, IATF 16949, ISO/TS 22163, ISO 45001 or ISO 14001
- Trained auditor status
An HND or degree or equivalent in the following discipline is required: manufacturing or engineering is desirable
Relevant experience could also be considered
The ideal candidate will have the following personal qualities (delete as appropriate):
- Enthusiastic, flexible and able to thrive and succeed in times of ambiguity and change
- Structured individual with ability to interact and communicate at all levels of the organisation
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications and relationship building skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Good commercial awareness and proactive problem-solving skills to ensure business needs are understood and agreed solutions are delivered.
- This is a very hands-on position – we expect a person with a ‘roll up your sleeves’ attitude.
- Ability to work well under pressure, prioritise work accordingly and meet tight deadlines
- Pro-active taking ownership of tasks given and follow through to completion
- Must model highest degree of moral and ethical behaviour
- Must be able to work alone with minimum guidance, but also be able to operate effectively as part of a team.
- Must have an agile approach to work
- Problem solving and decision making ability
- You will have a positive attitude to work and be respectful and happy to proactively help others; you will also be willing to take instructions and learn from your peers
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid/flexible working options
- Enhanced Company pension scheme
- Life insurance annual salary
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption & SPL
- Employee assistance wellbeing scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- On-site gym and restaurant (Gateshead site only)
- Eyecare support
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays with the option to purchase an additional five day’s annual leave
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
Turntide Technologies is committed to applying equal opportunities at all stages of recruitment and selection, in line with its Equality, Diversity and Inclusion policy in addition to our duty under the Equality Act 2010 to have due regard to the need to eliminate discrimination; to advance equality of opportunity. As such, any applicant with a disability will not be excluded unless unable to perform a duty intrinsic to the role, having considered reasonable adjustments. Reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process will be made to ensure that no applicant is disadvantaged because of their disability.
Please contact the UK Recruitment team to discuss or request any reasonable adjustments or find out any further information regarding this position.
Please note: Direct applications only. No unsolicited Staffing Recruitment Firm submissions will be accepted. Any unsolicited CVs received will be treated as the property of Turntide Technologies.
Terms and Conditions
I understand that disclosure of my gender and ethnicity (“Voluntary Disclosures”) is completely voluntary and will not be used to administer by application for employment. This information will only be used for diversity, equity and inclusion purposes.
I also understand and acknowledge all personal information, except for the Voluntary Disclosures, provided herein or collected in the future by the hiring company (“Company”) may be collected, used, or disclosed to administer my application of employment and this information may be shared with Company’s affiliates and subsidiaries for employment consideration purposes, as well as with third parties who perform related recruitment services on Company’s behalf. These third parties are not authorized by Company to use or disclose application information, except as necessary to perform services on Company’s behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
I further understand that my personal information will be kept confidential, secure, and may be stored by Company and/or third parties in various locations worldwide, including the USA, Canada and the UK.
I consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of my personal information provided to Company for purposes noted herein, including the Voluntary Disclosures for diversity, equity and inclusion reporting purposes. Except for consent relating to Voluntary Disclosures, I understand that if consent is withheld or revoked, my application will be withdrawn.
I verify that all statements made in my application for employment are true and correct and understand that any false statement shall disqualify me from employment. For additional information regarding Company’s applicant privacy policies and the collection, use or disclosure of personal information in connection with submitting an application for employment, please refer to the Applicant Privacy Notice.