Head of People / Director of People
The future of transportation is electric, and our software solves the most critical emerging grid integration challenges to ensure that the impending energy transition is clean, equitable, and resilient. Our enterprise solutions help the grid absorb the coming electrification wave with ease. Utilizing cloud-native platform architecture and systems optimization, WeaveGrid’s software is built from the ground up to tackle the most critical network challenges while meeting the stringent regulatory, security, and reliability requirements of the utility industry.
About the Role
WeaveGrid is seeking a Head of People to lead its people operations and recruiting functions. WeaveGrid’s Head of People will support employees and enhance the employee experience, and enable our team to drive decarbonization at the intersection of transportation and energy. You will play a critical role in building a diverse and inclusive culture that prioritizes accountability, collaboration, focus, urgency, empathy, and learning.
As the leader of a team of committed people operations and recruiting colleagues, you will be responsible for furthering the company’s people and recruiting strategy, and engaging with employees and company leadership across the range of people and recruiting matters. You will leverage data to make strategic decisions, and implement best practices in areas including employee retention, compensation, performance management, employee relations, compliance, DEI, sourcing, and hiring. You will project manage and own key tasks yourself.
The Head of People position is San Francisco Bay Area-based, and will require at least three days per week in WeaveGrid’s San Francisco office.
- Lead a team of people operations and workplace colleagues
- Serve as a culture carrier, promoting the evolution of a company culture that inspires and includes employees. Advocate and live out company values.
- Lead company performance management, including performance reviews and continuous feedback among employees, managers, and leadership
- Oversee company-level feedback cycles, including regular employee pulse surveys, and associated action items
- Improve upon existing compensation and benefits plans/approaches
- Oversee use and implementation of HRIS
- Help managers grow their ability to support and manage employees and teams
- Develop and implement strategies to retain employees
- Manage employee onboarding and offboarding
- Develop and implement HR policies and procedures
- Manage employee relations
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulation, in collaboration with the company’s legal counsel
- Persuade and build consensus around key People initiatives, among employees and leaders
- Lead WeaveGrid’s DEI initiatives
- Manage the recruiting function, including adopting best practices, sourcing diverse candidates, leveraging data, and tracking metrics
- Special projects and other duties as designated by your manager or assigned designee
You are a mission-driven leader committed to decarbonization, and building a better company for employees. You are comfortable in a startup environment where things move quickly, both planning and flexibility are needed, and initiative is critical. You can balance multiple projects while being detail oriented and maintaining compliance. You are prepared to implement best practices, and lead by example.
- Experience leading people and recruiting functions at a high-growth organization, and managing a team of people and recruiting professionals
- High-growth startup experience a plus
- Track record of building company culture around a common mission and set of values
- Adept at employee performance management, including leading performance reviews and supporting both managers and employees to achieve their potential
- Experienced with compensation and benefits best practices, including leveraging data, implementing leveling, and incorporating employee stock options
- Implemented strategies to successfully retain employees
- Whiz with HRIS, experience implementing new HRIS a plus
- Experience presenting to and engaging company leadership informally and formally via slides, presentations, and 1:1s
- Comfortable analyzing and incorporating data across projects and communications
- Implemented or knowledgeable of DEI best practices
- Experience managing full lifecycle recruiting, including active and passive sourcing
- Employee orientation. We’re here to serve employees and scale WeaveGrid
- Excellent communication skills, including a bias for proactive communications
- Practical knowledge of employment law and HR compliance
- SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, or SPHR a plus
- Strong interest in climate and climate technology.
The total compensation for this opportunity includes a base salary range of $160,000-$190,000, plus equity (stock options) and benefits. This is our target compensation range and is subject to multiple factors including role, level, experience, and location. As you go through our interview process, our recruiter will work with you to identify a competitive base salary within the proposed range and combine it with an equity package to get you excited about your future at WeaveGrid.