Supply Chain General Manager
ZeroAvia is a leader in zero-emission aviation, flying the world’s largest hydrogen-electric aircraft since September 2020. Its focus is the design and commercialization of hydrogen-powered aviation solutions to address a variety of markets, initially targeting short-haul, sub-regional commercial flights up to 500 miles. To date, ZeroAvia has secured the UK CAA and FAA experimental permits to fly both its 6 and 19 seat aircraft powered by hydrogen-electric powertrain, passed significant flight tests, and is on track for commercial deliveries by 2025. Its achievements to date were rewarded by the UK prime minister by inviting ZeroAvia as a member to the UK Jet Zero Council.
ZeroAvia’s powertrain development focuses on integrating hydrogen storage tanks, fuel cell systems, and electric motors, delivering a solution that will be not only without carbon emissions but also cheaper to operate.
ZeroAvia is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Supply Chain General Manager to join its growing team. This individual will be responsible for managing the entire supply chain process, ensuring the timely delivery of high-quality components for the hydrogen-electric powertrain system. The Supply Chain General Manager will work closely with other teams within the company, including engineering, manufacturing, and finance, to ensure efficient and profitable operations. This individual will play a critical role in helping ZeroAvia achieve its goal of revolutionizing the aviation industry through the development and commercialization of zero-emission hydrogen-powered aviation solutions.
ZeroAvia is a pioneering technology company that is leading the way in zero-emission aviation. The company's focus on developing innovative hydrogen-powered aviation solutions that are cheaper to operate and better for the environment has earned it a place in the UK Jet Zero Council. ZeroAvia's goal is to establish a new clean aviation ecosystem that will include the production of hydrogen from renewable energy sources, which will help to tackle public perception of safety.
- Develop and implement supply chain strategies to support the company's growth and expansion plans.
- Develop and implement strategic initiatives to optimize the supply chain network, including procurement, delivery performance, logistics, inventory management, and distribution.
- Identify opportunities to implement and streamline processes, reduce costs, mitigate risks, and improve overall supply chain efficiency. Implement best practices and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Identify, establish, and maintain strong relationships with suppliers, negotiate contracts to secure the best prices and terms, and monitor supplier performance to ensure timely delivery, quality, and cost-effectiveness.
- Oversee transportation and distribution activities, ensuring on-time delivery, cost optimization, and adherence to regulatory requirements. Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to optimize the distribution network.
- Build, develop, and lead a high-performing supply chain team. Provide guidance, support, and mentorship to team members. Foster a culture of collaboration, accountability, and continuous learning.
- Collaborate closely with other teams within the company, including engineering, manufacturing, and finance.
- Define key performance indicators (KPIs) and establish metrics to measure supply chain performance. Regularly monitor and report on KPIs and Key Objectives (OKRs), identifying areas for improvement and taking corrective actions as needed.
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations and standards, such as safety, environmental, and ethical guidelines. Drive sustainability initiatives and promote responsible sourcing practices.
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, engineering, or a related field.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills, with the ability to build, inspire, and motivate diverse global teams.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- 15+ years of experience in supply chain management in the aerospace or automotive industry.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and compliance related to aviation supply chain operations (AS9100, AS9120, AS9145)
- Strong understanding of international procurement and logistics practices.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing successful supply chain strategies.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with multiple priorities and competing deadlines.
- Knowledge of hydrogen technology and its applications a plus.
Diversity and Inclusion
As a young company in the aviation industry, we need people of different backgrounds that bring a plethora of skills, perspectives, and mindsets to the table that can spur originality, imagination, and creativity.
The wage scale or salary range for this position is between $180,000 - $220,000. In addition to the foregoing base compensation, additional compensation and benefits are available to employees and eligible family members (as applicable) including the following:
- Bonus: Annual discretionary bonuses.
- Equity: Ability to exercise company stock options
- Retirement: Eligible to participate in the company's 401(k) Plan, with up to a 4% matching
- Health Insurance: Employer covers up to 80% of the employee's monthly premiums on medical, dental, and vision.
- Life Insurance: Basic Life/AD&D of up to $50,000 and the option to add on Supplemental Coverage.
- Short-Term Disability: Up to 60% of your earnings for up to a period of 24 weeks.
- Long-Term Disability: If your disability extends beyond 180 days, LTD Coverage for up to 60% of your earnings.
- Paid Time Off: Eligible employees may accrue up to 120 hours per year (15 days) and may borrow up to 40 hours (5 days).
- Sick Time: Eligible employees may accrue up to 40 hours, per year (5 days)
- Paid Holidays: 12 observed holidays, per calendar year.
- The Fly Club: up to $2,000 of reimbursement towards flying lessons to all full-time staff
Please note, among other factors, the compensation offered may vary based on work location, experience, qualifications, specialties, training, and then-current market and business considerations