Liquid Hydrogen Engineer
ZeroAvia, a leader in zero-emission aviation, is seeking a Liquid Hydrogen Engineer to join their team in the US. The chosen candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing the liquid hydrogen refuelling system required to power ZeroAvia's hydrogen-electric aircraft. The Liquid Hydrogen Engineer will work closely with a talented team of engineers and scientists to design and build a liquid hydrogen system that is safe, efficient, and cost-effective. As part of the ZeroAvia team, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the hydrogen and mobility industries and be at the forefront of innovative and sustainable solutions.
- Design and implement the liquid hydrogen fuel system for ZeroAvia’s hydrogen-electric aircraft.
- Develop system requirements and specifications based on design and customer input.
- Work with suppliers to identify, evaluate, and select components for the fuel system.
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations and safety standards.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any issues that arise during system development and testing.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to integrate the fuel system with ZeroAvia's powertrain.
- Conduct testing and validation to ensure the system meets performance and safety requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Chemical Engineering, or a related field.
- At least 8 years of experience in the design and development of liquid hydrogen fuel systems or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of liquid hydrogen properties and behavior.
- Experience with integrating liquid hydrogen systems into aerospace or automotive applications.
- Familiarity with relevant safety regulations, including NFPA and CGA.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills, with the ability to work effectively with a diverse team.