Liquid Hydrogen Engineer
ZeroAvia is seeking a talented and motivated Liquid Hydrogen Engineer to join our growing team in the UK. The successful candidate will play a key role in developing and scaling our zero-emission aviation solutions that are designed to reduce environmental impact. As a member of our infrastructure development team, you will be working closely with other engineers to develop and integrate liquefiers, storage and dispensing systems, delivering a solution that is not only carbon-free but also cost-effective. This position requires a strong technical background in liquid hydrogen systems and an ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Join us in our mission as part of the energy transition.
- Design and implement liquid hydrogen storage and delivery systems.
- Work with suppliers to identify the most efficient and cost-effective components for liquid hydrogen systems.
- Collaborate with other engineers to develop and integrate liquid hydrogen storage tanks, fuel cell systems, and electric motors.
- Ensure the safety and reliability of liquid hydrogen systems and components.
- Develop and execute test plans to validate and demonstrate the performance of liquid hydrogen systems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to liquid hydrogen systems.
- Collaborate with the wider team to develop and commercialize zero-emission aviation solutions.
- Strong engineering background--design, operations, product, process
- Strong background in energy systems, hydrogen or cryogenics
- Experience with liquid hydrogen storage and delivery systems.
- Knowledge of liquid hydrogen safety and handling procedures.
- Experience with pumps, cryo heads and
- Ability to design and optimize liquid hydrogen systems for performance and cost.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong systems engineering capabilities
Diversity and inclusion
ZeroAvia is an equal opportunity employer and as a young company in the aviation industry, we value diversity and need people of different backgrounds who bring a plethora of skills, perspectives, and mindsets to the table that can spur originality, imagination, and creativity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.