At ZeroAvia, we’re clean sky thinkers. For the world to achieve truly clean, guilt-free flight, we need a scalable solution; hydrogen-electric powertrains. As a leader in zero-emission aviation and a UK Jet Zero Council member, we’re designing and commercialising hydrogen-powered solutions that will positively impact the future of aviation, global connectivity, and the world.
Engineering designs our next-generation hydrogen electric engines. Working across Hydrogen, Propulsion and Integration divisions, they solve technical problems and help decarbonize aviation by finding solutions for electric propulsion, hydrogen storage, fuel cell technology, power distribution, thermal management and more.
Cotswold Airport (Kemble) Join us at Cotswold Airport, home to some of our aircraft and the workplace of many ZeroAvians. Located just outside the historic market town of Cirencester, you’ll experience a workspace built by engineers for engineers. This is a high-velocity and fast-paced environment with good links to the M4 and M5, so it’s fitting that it’s also our UK Head Office.
As a ZeroAvia Production Technician, you will support the Kemble Production Department in manufacturing and assembling products and articles for ground and flight-based projects. You will operate primarily in the Machine Workshop producing pieces and machined parts and providing further support in production assembly activities and business support projects.
· Set up and operate various machining tools including lathes, milling machines & CNC routers.
· Program and adjust machine settings to ensure accurate and efficient manufacturing.
· Monitor machining processes to maintain quality and troubleshoot any issues that arise.
· Fabricate piece parts from sheet metal using hand tools, basic and advanced fabrication equipment e.g., Brake Press
· Interpret technical drawings and documents to manufacture and assemble products and articles with a high degree of accuracy.
· Perform routine inspection & maintenance on machines and equipment to ensure optimal performance and prevent breakdowns.
· Collaborate with the Production Lead & engineering teams to meet project goals and deadlines.
· Treat safety risk management as a priority to maintain a safe, healthy, and clean working environment.
· Maintain comprehensive production records and documentation in accordance with company procedures.
· Strictly adhere to all company processes and procedures.
· Any other tasks as detailed by the Production Team Lead/Manager.
· A precision engineering manufacturing background - working on components that are supplied into advanced manufacturing sectors such as Aerospace, Medical, MOD or Motorsport.
· Proven experience as a machinist & sheet metal worker in a manufacturing or engineering environment.
· Solid mechanical aptitude and ability to work with various tools and equipment.
· Proficiency in reading and interpreting technical drawings and documents.
· Strong knowledge of machining tools, techniques, and materials.
· Ability to program and operate CNC machines is highly desirable.
· Detail-oriented with a commitment to producing precise and high-quality work.
· Effective problem-solving skills and a proactive attitude.
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team.
· Aerospace experience is highly desirable.
· Flexible approach to work and a high level of drive and ambition to help achieve the organisation's goals.
· A genuine passion for clean technology and a future of electric aviation.
Diversity and inclusion
As an emergent company shaping the aviation industry, we know that diversity fuels success and unlocks potential. We embrace being an equal-opportunity employer and actively seek individuals from diverse backgrounds. We value the multitude of skills, perspectives, and mindsets everyone can bring to the table. These experiences ignite creativity, originality, and growth. We proudly reject discrimination in all forms, including that based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.