Senior Requirements Engineer
At ZeroAvia, we’re clean sky thinkers. For the world to achieve truly clean, guilt-free flight, we need a scalable solution; hydrogen-electric powertrains. As a leader in zero-emission aviation and a UK Jet Zero Council member, we’re designing and commercialising hydrogen-powered solutions that will positively impact the future of aviation, global connectivity, and the world.
Engineering designs our next-generation hydrogen electric engines. Working across Hydrogen, Propulsion and Integration divisions, they solve technical problems and help decarbonize aviation by finding solutions for electric propulsion, hydrogen storage, fuel cell technology, power distribution, thermal management and more.
Zero Avia are looking for a ‘Senior Requirements Engineer‘ to support the requirements management and requirements engineering activities across the whole engineering projects. A large proportion of the role will be working across requirements related activities with a proportion assigned to support other systems engineering tasks.
The Senior Requirements Engineer will have experience in requirements capture and elicitation, facilitating requirements reviews, aiding in the decomposition and allocation of requirements, ensuring requirements and verification/validation criteria meet acceptable aerospace standards, support and mature the requirements processes and methods across Aircraft Engineering and Integration division.
- deally qualified to degree-level or equivalent experience in a Physics or Engineering based subject, such as; Mechanical, Electronics, Computer Science, Software or Systems Engineering etc.
- Significant understanding of requirements engineering, management and the application of standard tools, processes and practices in accordance with INCOSE or similar guidelines
- Significant working knowledge of requirements management tools (e.g. Polarion, DOORS), with experience in application within large, complex engineering programmes
- Previous experience working as part of an engineering requirements team in implementing and managing requirements across the full development lifecycle
- Significant knowledge and experience of working in a V-Model system development framework, from stakeholder need elicitation to system design to product qualification, certification and acceptance
- Ability to operate both at a strategic and tactical level, with a willingness to engage directly to resolve detailed technical issues.
- Ability to operate in a high velocity organisational culture, within a SAFE Agile framework
- Experience in the Aerospace/Defence or other safety-regulated environment would be highly advantageous.
- Experience working collaboratively across a large team to achieve business improvement objectives
- Experience in working in Agile teams
- Experience in planning, estimating and defining engineering tasks
- Knowledge/Experience of Systems Engineering methods of development (e.g. ARP4754A)
- Knowledge/Experience in the integration of Requirement management tools within engineering PLM (e.g. Teamcenter) and/or a MBSE environment (e.g. Capella)
As a young company shaping the aviation industry, we know that diversity fuels success and unlocks potential. We embrace being an equal-opportunity employer and actively seek individuals from diverse backgrounds. We value the multitude of skills, perspectives, and mindsets everyone can bring to the table. These experiences ignite creativity, originality, and growth. We proudly reject discrimination in all forms, including that based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.