Supply Chain Manager
At ZeroAvia, we’re clean sky thinkers. For the world to achieve truly clean, guilt-free flight, we need a scalable solution; hydrogen-electric powertrains. As a leader in zero-emission aviation and a UK Jet Zero Council member, we’re designing and commercialising hydrogen-powered solutions that will positively impact the future of aviation, global connectivity, and the world
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Supply Chain Manager to join our team in Kemble, UK. As a Supply Chain Manager at ZeroAvia, you will be responsible for leading the supply chain team, overseeing and optimizing our end-to-end supply chain processes, ensuring the availability and delivery of critical components, managing supplier relationships, and driving operational excellence. Your role will be pivotal in supporting our mission to revolutionize the aviation industry with sustainable and environmentally friendly solutions.
*Significant Aerospace or Automotive experience is a must*
- Team leadership and functional management of the supplier account managers, procurement team and materials/stores team including appraisals, 1:1 reviews, development plans and resource allocation across projects.
- Supply Chain Strategy and Planning: Develop and execute the supply chain strategy in alignment with ZeroAvia's overall business objectives. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to forecast demand, identify potential risks, and implement mitigation strategies. Establish inventory targets, lead times, and safety stock levels to ensure optimal inventory management.
- Supplier Management: Identify, evaluate, and onboard strategic suppliers capable of meeting ZeroAvia's quality, cost, and delivery requirements. Establish strong partnerships and negotiate contracts with suppliers to secure favourable terms and conditions. Monitor supplier performance, conduct regular performance reviews, and drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Procurement and Purchasing: Develop and implement procurement strategies to optimize cost and ensure the availability of critical components. Lead the purchasing team, including supplier selection and negotiations. Collaborate with engineering and operations teams to identify cost-saving opportunities and support new product introductions.
- Logistics and Inventory Management: Manage the materials logistics team responsible for transportation, warehousing/stores and customs compliance. Optimize inventory levels to balance cost and lead time while meeting production and customer demand. Implement efficient inventory tracking systems and conduct regular inventory audits to ensure accuracy.
- Risk Management and Compliance: Identify potential supply chain risks and develop mitigation strategies to minimize disruptions. Ensure compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards related to supply chain operations. Implement and maintain robust processes for quality control, product traceability, and supplier audits.
- Continuous Improvement: Identify opportunities to improve supply chain processes, systems, and tools, and drive implementation. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to streamline workflows, reduce costs, and enhance operational efficiency. Monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) and provide regular reports on supply chain performance to senior management.
- Contract Management: Builds competitive advantage of the business in the marketplace by leveraging terms and conditions. Translates policies, procedures, operational requirements, & guidelines into a clear, concise, compliant, and manageable contract. Protects the business and customers from a wide range of commercial & regulatory risks through contract creation, execution, management, and maintenance.
- Supplier performance management: Accountable for building, maintaining, developing, advancing, or exiting supplier relationships based on an understanding of supplier capability, capacity, & readiness. Enable supplier accountability and partnership by proactively driving supplier performance against business priorities and KPI’s.
- Delivery Management: Understand the manufacturing process and customer need while utilizing operational data (internal & external) & commercial awareness to proactively drive supplier execution of quality, and on-time delivery including expedites where required to meet program needs. Execute value stream management (total WIP health, raw material management, & sub-tier management) in partnership with suppliers to meet customer needs, eliminate constraints, and increase productivity.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, logistics, business administration, or a related field (Master's degree preferred).
- Proven supply chain management or procurement experience (10+ years) in the aerospace or automotive industry is a necessity.
- Demonstrated experience in leading a supply chain team.
- Strong knowledge of supply chain principles, practices, and industry trends.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to make data-driven decisions.
- Demonstrated experience in supplier management, negotiation, and contract management.
- Proficiency in using supply chain management software, ERP systems, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to collaborate effectively across departments and with external stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with a high degree of adaptability and resilience.
- Certification in supply chain management (e.g., CIPS, APICS, CSCP) is a plus.
Our solution-focused culture champions fast decision-making and empowers our people. We value results and efficiency and prioritise achieving our mission in the most effective and innovative way possible. We collaborate as a unified team to create solutions and solve problems, so we want people who share our principles to join us. If you’re eager to take radical ownership and are unafraid to ask questions or challenge the status quo, then we want you to be part of our Clean Sky Thinking.
As an emergent company shaping the aviation industry, we know that diversity fuels success and unlocks potential. We embrace being an equal-opportunity employer and actively seek individuals from diverse backgrounds. We value the multitude of skills, perspectives, and mindsets everyone can bring to the table. These experiences ignite creativity, originality, and growth. We proudly reject discrimination in all forms, including that based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.