Senior Fuel Cell Stack Design Engineer
At ZeroAvia, we’re clean sky thinkers. For the world to achieve truly clean, guilt-free flight, we need a scalable solution; hydrogen-electric powertrains. As a leader in zero-emission aviation and a UK Jet Zero Council member, we’re designing and commercialising hydrogen-powered solutions that will positively impact the future of aviation, global connectivity, and the world.
Engineering designs our next-generation hydrogen electric engines. Working across Hydrogen, Propulsion and Integration divisions, they solve technical problems and help decarbonize aviation by finding solutions for electric propulsion, hydrogen storage, fuel cell technology, power distribution, thermal management and more.
- Work in a team to analyze internal requirements and requirements from customers and assist in developing fuel cell system design solutions.
- Assist in developing and documenting fuel cell requirements, including interface and performance requirements.
- Use structured processes to design new mechanical parts, assemblies, and installations of components of fuel cells under deadlines with a high-performing start-up team.
- Establish structural specifications, perform stress analysis and other engineering design evaluations.
- Perform functional analyses, when applicable, and mass, power, and sizing structural analyses.
- Produce engineering drawings, reports, BOMs and other types of technical documentation.
- Organize work of junior engineers and/or suppliers, provide engineering checks of data produced by peer groups or other project participants.
- Interface with customers, suppliers, and other project stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aeronautical, Mechanical, or related engineering field;
- Must have at least five years of experience performing design engineering functions in aeronautical, automotive, or similar industries;
- Must have knowledge of relevant production processes and materials (metal forming, machining, 3d printing, sheet metalwork, die-casting, electroplating, etc);
- Hands-on work in assembling, evaluating, and testing electro-mechanical subsystems;
- Proficient in 3D solid modelling, preferably Siemens NX and Solidworks
- Proficient in understanding and applying GD&T requirements to new designs;
- Able to read and understand complex drawings;
- Proficient with manual stress calculations as well as linear FEM stress analysis;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio);
- Tech savvy;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Thrives under a dynamic, milestone-oriented work schedule.
Diversity and inclusion
ZeroAvia is an equal opportunity employer and as a young company in the aviation industry, we value diversity and need people of different backgrounds who bring a plethora of skills, perspectives, and mindsets to the table that can spur originality, imagination, and creativity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.